Bridge Street Railway Station
The former Bridge Street Railway Station was the first station serving Northampton. It opened in 1845 and was the original Northampton Station on the Northampton and Peterborough Railway.
The Northampton and Peterborough Railway was built by the London and Birmingham Railway and the engineer was Robert Stephenson. The service connected Peterborough, Oundle, Wellingborough, Northampton and Blisworth.
Bridge Street Railway Station was a handsome building in the Tudor style. The architect was John Livock.
The station name was changed to Northampton Bridge Street in 1876. After 1881, Northampton Castle Station became the town's main railway station.
Bridge Street Station closed to passengers in 1964. The line continued to be used for freight trains until 1972, and the line and sidings were finally closed in 2005.
LONDON & NORTH-WESTERN RAILWAY
Station Master - Mr R Snape, Station.
Parcel's Clerk - Mr G Barr, Gernville Terrace.
Booking Clerk - Mr AC Jefferson, Leicester Terrace.
Ticket Collector - Mr CS Gill, Western Street.
Goods Manager - Mr J Lamb, Wood Street.
Inspector of Police - Mr J Perry, Cotton End
Inspector of the Telegraphs - Mr W Powell, Albion Crescent.
Locomotive Manager - Mr J Henderson, Cow Lane
Booksellers and Newsmen - Messrs WH Smith & Son, 136 Strand, London. Agent - AT Rapier, 9 Union Street.
Carriage Inspector - Mr W Pratt, Cotton End.
Guard - Mr W Harvey, Great Russel Street.
Foreman Porter - Mr J Sinden, Oxford Terrace, Cotton End.
Office Porter - Mr W Dimbley, Cotton End
Porters - Messrs W Beech, Cotton End; H Field, Oxford Terrace,
Cotton End; J Wooden, Foundry Street; T Wilding,
Western Row; Greenfield, Russell Terrace; and E Burrell,